phone +48 61 848 7866
Effects of prenatal programming in rat offspring, in particular:
- Effects of cafeteria diet on inflammatory parameters
- Influence of maternal cafeteria diet on neurons co-expressing kisspeptin, neurokinin B and dynorphin (KNDy) in the hypothalamus in offspring
- Sex-specific effects of maternal cafeteria diet on metabolic and inflammatory profiles, and expression of neuropeptides responsible for reproductive functions in offspring
2018 – present Doctoral studies at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science in Poznań. Supervisor: prof. Joanna H. Sliwowska
2015-2017 – interdisciplinary Master program in Neurobiology, Poznań University of Life Sciences, A. Mickiewicz University in Poznań and Academy of Physical Education in Poznań. Master’s thesis topic – “The influence of obesity and type 2 diabetes on the function of kisspeptin-immumoreactive neurons in the hypothalamus and metabolic and hormonal profile in rats”. Supervisor: prof. Joanna H. Sliwowska
2013-2015 – Bachelor’s degree in Applied Biology, Poznań University of Life Sciences.
2020 – present PRELUDIUM grant 2019/35/N/NZ9/00663 (NCN) “Effect of maternal cafeteria diet on metabolic and reproductive functions of rat offspring: in search of a mechanism”. (Principal Investigator: Julia Matuszewska, scientific supervisor prof. Joanna H. Sliwowska)
2020 – research task within the framework of a grant aimed at the development of young scientists and participants of doctoral studies “Effect of cafeteria diet of rats on the development of metabolic disorders and body fat distribution in offspring”.
2019 – research task within a grant aimed at the development of young scientists and participants of doctoral studies “Effect of cafeteria diet of rats on the profile of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in peripheral tissues and brain of mothers and their offspring”
- Sliwowska JH, Ziarniak K, Dudek M, Matuszewska J, Tena-Sempere M (2018). Dangerous liaisons for pubertal maturation: the impact of alcohol consumption and obesity on the timing of puberty. Biology of reproduction 1;100(1):25-40 .
- Matuszewska J, Ziarniak K, Dudek M, Kołodziejski P, Pruszyńska-Oszmałek E, Śliwowska JH; Acta Histochemica, (2020) Effects of short-term exposure to high-fat diet on histology of male and female gonads in rats; Volume 122, Issue 5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acthis.2020.151558
- Neuroanatomy (Neurobiology)
- Brain and behaviour (Neurobiology, Biology, Animal Science)
- Neuroecology (Neurobiology, Biology)